December 10, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: Secret Bellevue Cheesesteak Edition


This weekend started with one of my favorite things, the Porter Flea Holiday Market.  Lana & I pre-gamed at Desano Pizza & then headed to the Market.  This year's location was so much better.  You could actually walk through the aisles & see the booths & merchandise this year.


It was zero degrees outside & I was still sick, so I indulged in a hot chocolate from The Bang Candy Company with one of her maple bacon bourbon marshmallows.  Y'all.  As I exclaimed aloud at Porter Flea, that marshmallow is the best thing that ever happened to my mouth.  I'll be heading over to her shop soon to buy more.


'Tis the season!  We were invited to three holiday parties on Saturday night, two on the west side, one on the east side.  We ended up not making to the east side one because - sleet.  Sorry, Phil & Gretchen!


Our first stop was Kate & Andy's Chanukah Celebration.  Just like last year, Kate pulled out all the stops with the food.  And just like last year, we ate way too much.  You don't even want to know how many of those Star of David cookies I ate.


Next on the holiday party docket was Mary Katherine & Marshall's, where, I was told, there would be the caramel cake.  It's a toss up which I had more of - glasses of wine or slices of caramel cake.  Spoiler alert:  it was caramel cake.


I awoke on Sunday morning missing two things:  my voice & common sense.  You know what you want when all you had for dinner the night before was cookies & cake?  More sugar!  I had buttermilk in the fridge about to expire, so god forbid that go to waste.  Voila, buttermilk waffles!  And quit hating on my syrup!  It's all I had!  Plus, I can't taste anything anyway.


Backstory:  for the past month or so, John will leave the house at 8 or 9 pm & say he's going to get a philly cheesesteak.  The foundation of John & my relationship is built upon me not knowing where or what he eats.  So I've never asked where he's getting a philly cheesesteak at 9:00pm on a Wednesday.

Well, on Sunday, I found out.  It's a Penn Station Sub Shop.  In, wait for it... Bellevue!!  Y'all.  I can't even.  I will say, in his defense, this sandwich was DELICIOUS.


I was supposed to spend Sunday afternoon at a book swap cookie swap, but I had lost my voice & for my own safety, I didn't need to be around anymore cookies, so John & I went to the movies instead.  Sorry, book swap!

Post Script:  Since this is the 4th week of my Super Cold, I caved & went to the doctor yesterday & got drugs.  You're welcome, body.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...