February 26, 2014

Birchbox Review: January


My January Birchbox may be one of my favorites.  It certainly sparked a lot of jealousy on Instagram.  Here's what I got!

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser | Full-size, $21.50

I love this!  I have used the same Kiehl's face wash for 10-15 years & this is the first time I've thought about changing.  You apply this to your dry face, over your makeup & then you wipe everything off with the hot cloth.  It makes my face so soft!  Also, it's won 90 beauty awards & is allegedly the facial cleanser of Madonna & Gwyneth.  I'm probably going to buy it.

Klorane Shampoo with Desert Date | Full-size, $13

This little bottle actually exploded in transit, but there was enough left for a couple of washes.  I really like it.  It's one of those non-lathering shampoos, which I have a hard time adjusting to, but it cleaned the shit out of my hair.  It may not be my everyday shampoo, but it would be good for a once-a-week, clarifying, pre deep conditioning mask, shampoo.

Coastel Scents Revealed Eye Shadow Palette | Full-size, $34

I used to love eye shadow & the opportunity to look different every day, but somewhere in the last few years, that 'opportunity' became a stressor & I eliminated the decision making process & have been using Bobbi Brown long-wear cream shadow almost exclusively.  I was even a little annoyed when I saw this in my Birchbox & thought, 'Ugh, I don't wear eye shadow anymore!'.  But guess what?  I totally heart it & am probably going to buy it.  The colors are great, the quality is great & when I told my hair stylist about it this weekend, she said she loves Coastel Scents & wears/buys a lot of their stuff.  Sold!  Stay tuned for my one-woman show:  Eye Shadow Stresses Me Out & Other Nonsensical, Makeup-Related Neuroses.

SOAK Handmaid Hand Cream - Yuzu | Full-size, $10

Well, this is awesome.  Sorry, I warned you that I loved everything in this months' box.  One of life's simplest pleasures is a good hand cream.  This hand cream is thick without being greasy & has a light, clean scent.  I'm really into it & plan on buying it.  They offer a scentless version, but I love the Yuzu scent (a combination of tart citrus & eucalyptus) that I received & will stick with that.

LIFESTYLE EXTRA

Under Armour Braided Mini Headbands | 3-Pack, $19.99

I'm the only person I know who received this in their box & I'm glad I did.  I have long, full bangs that I need off my face when I'm working out.  I've been wearing this when I'm riding my bike trainer because I'm not convinced it will stay on while running, but I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the hand cream got it as a sample in my December box. Already got a full sized bottle but it's small for $10 bucks. I would have loved to try the eye shadows. The under amour extra would make me jealous. Looks like you got a decent box.

The Blonde Mule said...

Hi Lillie! I still haven't bought the hand cream yet, but I probably will. Good to know that it's a small bottle. You should definitely check out the eye shadow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...