July 18, 2014

Birchbox Review: June


Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum, $62

I've tried serums off & on, but overall, don't buy into them, a viewpoint my dermatologist shares. I'm just not convinced there's any benefit to using them & they're usually upwards of $60. Meh. But I used this teeny, tiny sample. It felt good on my face, but no idea if it had any benefit. It was only enough product to use 2-3 times.

Dr. Hauschka Body Wash, $22.95

The body wash sample I received is lemon lemongrass scent (yes, double lemon). I like the body wash, but not the scent. It's a personal thing. I don't like lemongrass & lemon reminds me of kitchen cleaning products.

English Laundry Signature for Her, $90

On a scale of hate to HATE, this falls closer to hate. I will say this, it's the closest Birchbox has gotten to actually sending me a scent I'd almost like. It's musky instead of floral, which is a start. It's not for me, but it's not terrible.

Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion, $16

I love the scent of this lotion. It's crisp, clean & not heavy. Perfect for spring/summer. I used it initially as a body lotion, but I have dry skin & it wasn't moisturizing enough, but I love it as a hand lotion. I'll probably buy this. Love the scent!

LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil, $18

I love this brand & am always excited when one of these lip pencils is in my box. The name of this one is weird:  "lip lube pencil"... But I like it. It feels great on - very moisturizing. I got the nude color. My card says Bees Knees, but the website says Boss Lady, so who knows which color I actually got. It's a matte nude, which I like to call 'skin lips'. If you haven't tried LAQA & Co., I recommend them. They're my favorite lip pencils & the bold colors are BOLD.

1 comment:

myllstogo said...

I received the lip pencil as well. It was BRIGHT PURPLE! Like electric purple. I was bummed because I wanted to try to product, but I couldn't even mix the pencil with other products to tone it down. It was BAD. I just threw it away. I might try it out in another color though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...