August 3, 2014

Half Ironman 70.3 Training: Week 12


This was a hard week. The Music City Triathlon on Sunday zapped me. I took Monday off to rest & rehydrate. On Tuesday, I did an easy 60 minute ride around the stadium & Shelby Bottoms. Wednesday was my hardest day. My run felt terrible & my swim felt terrible. Luckily, I was back to normal by Thursday.

Here's what my training looked like:

Swim:

60 minute NAC Masters swim

Bike:

1:03 hour bike ride (13.94 miles)
Avg mph:  13.2

1:00 hour bike ride (Garmin died)

2:48 hour bike ride (40.04 miles)
Avg mph:  14.3
2 mile brick (23:15 minutes)

Run:

4.69 mile run (57:54 minutes)
2.89 mile run (31:14 minutes)
7 mile run (1:27 hours)

I bonked on my long ride yesterday because I didn't take in enough nutrition. I made so many rice cakes a few weeks ago that I had to put them in the freezer. Turns out, rice cakes that have been frozen & thawed out don't taste good & are hard to eat. I got about half of one down on my ride, but it wasn't enough. I just couldn't make myself eat the other one. So... guess I'm making rice cakes from now on on Friday nights.

I'm having a little discomfort in my right knee at the beginning of my runs. My hips are sore, too. Looks like it's time to quit ignoring the fact that I'm supposed to be strength training twice a week. Oh, & hey, yoga, remember me? Paige, I may try & start making your Thursday night class. I can't get injured 8 weeks out from this race.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...