August 24, 2014

70.3 Training: Week 15


Summer finally showed up in Tennessee this week. It was brutal. All of my runs were pretty terrible due to 80-90% humidity. Here's what my training looked like:

Swim:

60 minute NAC Masters swim

Bike:

1:08 hour bike ride (16 miles)
Avg mph:  14.1
*I did speed intervals around Cornelia Fort Airpark again

60 minute trainer ride
*I planned to ride longer, but I fell off my trainer & crashed into my bar cart, so... no.

3:43 hour bike ride (50 miles)
Avg mph:  13.5
0.96 mile brick (12:18 minutes)

Bike total:  66 miles (plus trainer ride?)

Run:

4 mile run (51:57 minutes)
3 mile run (35:44)
9 mile run (1:56 hours)

Run total (including bricks):  17 miles

Total training:  10 hours

My long ride with Mary Katherine on Saturday is my longest ride to date, 50 miles! Unfortunately, John & I made quesadillas the night before with bad shrimp. A lot of things happened to my body between dinner Friday night & the bike ride Saturday morning. Between all the pooping & the medicine to quit pooping, I was clearly dehydrated, which for some reason didn't occur to me until halfway through an almost 4 hour ride. I made it to 32 miles & then it got biblical. I got dizzy & nauseous & ran out of hydration. It was a mess. But I somehow finished.

I ran 9 miles on Sunday in just under 2 hours, & after riding 50 the day before, so I'm thinking my run time for Augusta may be closer to 2:30 than 3:00. Here's hoping!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...