November 3, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Halloweekend Edition


I LOVE Halloween! I mean, I looooooove Halloween. After a brisk Pancake Run on Friday morning, I saddled up to my coffee table to give myself a Halloween manicure while watching A Nightmare on Elm Street. "One, two, Freddy's coming for you..."


Once my nails were dry-ish, I went upstairs to evaluate my makeup situation and decide what, if anything, I needed to run out and buy for my costume. I went ahead and did my full makeup with stuff I already owned. I thought this looked too dark, so I ended up buying brighter eyeshadow.


Who wants cream cheese? When I was standing in Publix reading all of my recipes for the party, I was like, there's no way I need this much cream cheese. My math must be wrong. But no. Y'all, I used all of this cream cheese. All of it!


I love how every weekend, I'm like, oh, that's right, I'm training for a half marathon. I'm continuously surprised when the long run alert pops up on my phone. I needed to run 9 miles this weekend. This was a busy weekend for everyone, so I got up on Saturday and ran my 9 miles sans lady gang.


On Saturday night, we hosted our 6th annual Halloween party. John was Klaus Nomi. I was Pharaoh Williams. Don't know who Klaus Nomi is? Join the club. A Google image search should keep you occupied for awhile. I was a cross between Pharrell Williams and Cleopatra, which almost ended our marriage as apparently there's a 5,000 year difference between a pharaoh and Cleopatra. APPARENTLY.


Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday night! Thank you for dressing up, thank you for eating all of that cream cheese, and thank you for appreciating the craftsmanship of John's costume despite having no idea who he was supposed to be.

Full Halloween Party photostream here.

1 comment:

ND said...

Two things: 1) Did you know that Pharrell Williams' dad's name IS Pharoah Williams? Imagine my confusion when I was Googling your costume to find out who you were mashing up this year, and finding an actual hit for Pharoah Williams, and thinking to myself, "But her costume doesn't look like how Pharrell's dad used to dress, but..." and 2) I don't think that I RSVP'd to your party, which I deeply regret and apologize for. I hope that our inability to attend so far will not preclude us from future invites, but I'll understand if it does, especially after realizing that I didn't even RSVP.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...