September 2, 2015

Birchbox Review: June


Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water, $32
This is "cleansing water" which is mineral water with active hydrogen. I don't know what that means. It's supposed to remove makeup and brighten skin.  I didn't use it to remove makeup (because I hardly wear makeup), but I did use it at night to wipe the day off of my non-makeup face. I liked it. I wouldn't buy it, but it was an interesting sample to try.

La Mav Green Clay Detox Mask, $29.95
I think clay masks are typically for people with oily skin, which is not me, but I love clay masks! This one may be great, but I won't know because the ingredients in mine separated during shipment, rendering it impossible to apply. I read the Birchbox reviews and several people complain about it being runny, so maybe it's the product and not the shipping. Who knows!

Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner, $11
Meh. I'm getting a lot of eyeliner pencils from Birchbox lately. At first, I was excited because I was getting waterproof ones, or black ones with glitter, but now I'm just getting a new blue or black eyeliner every month. This one is okay, the color isn't as dark as I'd like and I have to go over it a few times back and forth. Meh.

Temple Spa Good Hair Day Shampoo, $14
This, I'm actually annoyed about. I've stayed in hotels with better shampoo. It was super drying. And this is now the second shampoo Birchbox has sent me with sodium laurel sulfate. I have color-treated hair! Come on, Birchbox. You're better than this.

Temple Spa In Good Condition Conditioner, $14
See above.

Pura Vida Lace Headband, $18
This was a Birchbox extra and it actually is kind of cute. It doesn't 100% stay on my head, but I wear it around the house and like it. I tried wearing it to yoga, but it just popped off mid down dog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...