September 23, 2016

Friday Links


Reading This Week...

Terence CrutcherKeith Lamont Scott. "The presumption that people of color are dangerous is deeply entrenched in American law enforcement," Bryan Stevenson. Scenes from the Charlotte protest. Arrested for resisting murder. "Everything is horrible and heartbreaking and most of us don’t know what to do," Sarah Von Bargen. What white people can do to support #BlackLivesMatter. Fifth grade students at the school the late Terence Crutcher’s daughter attends have some questions.


If I Could Have A Picnic With Any 3 People...

RuPaul
Amy Sedaris
Stephen Colbert

lulz...


Eyes and Ears...

I started watching One Mississippi on Amazon and I looooove it! Disclaimer:  I'm a ride or die for Tig Notaro. I also started watching RuPaul's Drag Race because it's on Hulu. I can't believe I've lived so long without this show. I've been finding ways to work "Condragulations" into conversations all week. I found a new podcast, Politically Re-Active, with W. Kamau Bell and Hari Kondabolu. It's real good. Add it to your list. I went and saw/heard Colson Whitehead speak at Parnassus Books this week about his new book, Underground Railroad. Man, aside from Ann Patchett, this may be the most I've fangirled over an author.

Thrifting...


I noted in my fall thrifting post that I was on the look-out for a "fancy sweatshirt". Nailed it.

I Endorse...

Armadillos as comfort animals
Delayed success
Women cussing online

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...