September 30, 2016

Friday Links


READING THIS WEEK…

Lindy West doing what she does best, "Because Americans do not like or trust fat people - nor, really, consider them fully human - and neither does Trump." Fat people, rise up! We could swing this election

Jenna Wortham, taking us all to task, "It’s not just that watching people vie for your attention can feel gross. It’s also that there’s a fine line between appearing savvy online and appearing desperate." Social Media Got You Down? Be More Like Beyonce

Has this election ramped up your anxiety? Me, too. If you've ever suffered emotional abuse, especially from a man, this list of toxic tactics will help explain why your anxiety is getting triggered.

I love female standup comedians and I especially love Ali Wong.

This piece on Dress For Success will warm you heart.

This one goes out to all my working moms who don't feel as guilty as society wants them to for going back to work.

IF I COULD HAVE A PICNIC WITH ANY 3 PEOPLE…

Beyonce
Solange
Tina Knowles

lulz…


EYES AND EARS…

I've been slowly, over a couple of years now, watching, in order, all 153 episodes of Gilmore Girls. I watched the series finale this week and feel like a limb has been torn from my body. I finished reading Commonwealth this week. Bold claim, but I think it replaces Bel Canto as my favorite Ann Patchett book. Two podcasts I recommend listening to:  WTF with Marc Maron Episode 745 with Katie Couric, and Magic Lessons Episode 209 with Glennon Doyle Melton. Also, if you're a Call Your Girlfriend fan and haven't listened to their latest episode (episode 64) yet, do that immediately. They unpack Monday night's debate and it is glorious.

THRIFTING…


First of all, I did not buy this, which I know makes a lot of you sad. I found it at the Rivergate Goodwill for $4.99. I probably should have bought it, and almost went back the next day to see if it was still there, but it was too big and I am positive I would have never figured out how to wear it.

I ENDORSE…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...