November 18, 2016

Friday Links


READING THIS WEEK…

Much needed perspective on how we got here and how we move forward. Baratunde Thurston: Empathy isn't a favor I owe white Trump voters. It has to go both ways

Ouch:  "An America where we are all entitled to our own facts is a country where the only difference between cruelty and justice is branding" via Shirtless Trump Saves Drowning Kitten: Facebook's Fake-News Problem and the Rise of the Postmodern Right

A great list of how to help locally by Nashville Scene.

Artists, get back to work. Toni Morrison on artists' task in troubled times via brainpickings.

And lastly, a palate cleanser:  How To Get the Cool Dog at the Party to Notice You

IF I COULD HAVE A PICNIC WITH ANY 3 PEOPLE…

Trixie Mattel
Katya Zamolodchikova
Grace Jones

lulz…


EYES AND EARS…

Like all white people, I love Bryan Cranston (s/o Breaking Bad!) and I watched this weird Netflix movie called Trumbo that he's in. It was great. It led to a two-hour conversation with my flesh-and-blood, walking Wikipedia husband having to explain American communism to me. I also watched the PBS documentary, Hamilton's America twice. If you have a Roku, you can add a PBS channel and stream it.

I have three podcast recommendations. The last two stand-up sets on this episode of 2 Dope Queens had me legit lol-ing.


THRIFTING…


I ENDORSE…

the Trixie Mattel and Katya Zamolodchikova YouTube channel
bringing City House cookies to Thanksgiving, a la Rebekah Turshen

P.S. Still reeling from the election? Here are 4 ways to practice self-care.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...