January 24, 2008

Thursday


Last year during Session I was training for the half marathon & getting up every morning at 4:45 to get a 90 minute run in before work. This was before I ruined my hip, spent 3 months in physical therapy & was subsequently banned from running. I digress... This year I don't feel like getting up early to work out, so my new plan is to skip the gym Mon-Wed & try & make myself work out Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Today is the 1st day. We'll see how it goes. I brought my gym clothes to work, so there's really no excuse. Are you listening, TiVo?


I also created a mini home-gym of sorts over the weekend. I bought two 5 lb hand weights, two 10 lb hand weights & one of those big balls. I got up about 20 minutes early Tues & Wed & did some basic strength training & ab work. Not a lot, but better than nothing. I think I'm going to get one of those big rubber bands this weekend so I can do some lower body work, too. There's this class at the Green Hills Y on Sundays called the Bottom Line. MK & I are going to try & start going. God knows my "bottom line" could use some work.


I haven't lost any weight since before Christmas, so I'm hoping the exercise will kick it back into gear. I haven't gained any weight either, but I'm clearly at my "plateau". I'd really like to lose another 10-15 lbs. And maintain it. We'll see, we'll see....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...