February 15, 2008

Beef Jerky & Dream Mousse Blush

I had a really good Valentine's. I gave up chocolate for Lent, so I awoke yesterday to a card with a mule on it & a big bag of beef jerky. Last year I got a taxidermy squirrel & this year I got big-girl bras & beef jerky. I'm not sure what this says about our relationship, but I'm happy.

Totally switching gears. Let's talk about drugstore makeup. I'm a fan. I actually wear a lot of higher-end makeup, i.e. foundation, concealor, etc. But when it comes to the fun stuff, I'm going to Target. I think my love affair with makeup started when I moved to NYC & discovered Sephora. We used to go in every Sat afternoon & get all dolled up before hitting the bars. Ahh, to be 24 again....

Last year, on a whim, I bought this Maybelline Dream Mousse blush. I loved it & it lasted a year. When I ran dry I asked around & surprisingly all my friends still wear Orgasm by NARS. At the time, I couldn't get to Sephora, so I bought this generic Cover Girl version. Ehh, not so much. So last weekend, I went back to Target & bought another pot of Maybelline. I LOVE it. That shit stays on ALL day. And it's better for my almost reptilian-like dry skin.

While I was at Target, I also bought some new mascara. I've never worn Cover Girl mascara, but they had this big display & you know how hard it is to turn down Queen Latifah.... It's called Lash Blast & it's in a big orange tube. I really like it. And it's cheap; it was like $6. L'Oreal Voluminous, you may have lost my business....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...