May 3, 2009

May Reading


Now that I'm through with my hell class, I can do a little leisure reading before summer school starts. I'm still reading Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix, but I'm almost done. I'm going to take a break from Potter before I continue on to books 6 & 7. John & I went down the street to McKay's the other day & I picked up a few books that I've been meaning to read.

Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
Mary Katherine read this book back when it came out & said it was good. I've been meaning to read it. I'm shamelessly into books like these, i.e. The Devil Wears Prada, Bitter Is the New Black, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, etc.

Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
Always meant to read the book, never did, saw the movie instead. I want to read his latest book, but thought I'd better start at square one & work my way through. I'm methodical like that (see Harry Potter/Twilight).

The Little Friend by Donna Tartt
No idea what this book is about, but saw it & had a vague memory of wanting to read it at some point. It was $2.00. Whatever.

Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell
Serious addiction to the Kay Scarpetta series. I've been reading them for so long, I've lost track of which ones I've read. I just buy them when I see them. I've inevitably already read this one, but whatever. It was $1.00. I'll read it again.

I also bought a spiral-bound Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book. I've been wanting one of these & it was just $4.00 at McKay's! They're easily $20 at Border's. It's awesome. I've been working my way through bookmarking recipes to try.

Happy reading!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...