July 16, 2009

Stop, It's Pasta Time!



Tonight I made one of my comfort food favorites. It's not really called anything, chicken sausage spinach pasta maybe... Anyway, I can't take credit for it. Carolyn told me to try it because she knows how much I love Trader Joe's. You'll notice all of the ingredients come from there. My version is fairly plain. I think Carolyn jazzes hers up with sun dried tomatoes & pine nuts. But this version is still really good. I recommended it to my mom & she & my dad both loved it.

Ingredients:
Trader Joe's Spinach & Chive Linguine Pasta
Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
14.5 oz can Trader Joe's Diced & Fire Roasted Organic Tomatoes
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
Olive oil

You guys know what to do. Boil some water. Cook the pasta according to the directions (4-6 minutes). Meanwhile, pour some olive oil in a skillet & cook your onion for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 2 more minutes. Cut up the chicken sausage & throw it in (the chicken sausage comes 5 to a pack, I only use 2). I have no idea how long you're supposed to cook the chicken sausage. I let it go until it starts to brown, then I add the can of diced tomatoes, cover & simmer until the pasta is done.

Voila, chicken sausage spinach pasta!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...