October 16, 2009

Face Off


I randomly get asked what kind of eye cream I use or what night time moisturizer I use, so I thought I'd break it all down. Sometimes I switch out my daily moisturizer & eye cream, but the products you see above are pretty much my staples.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
I've used this for a long time now. It really is the best. I wear water-proof mascara & this takes it right off. Plus, it's fairly cheap at around $6 a bottle. I think I go through 1-2 bottles a year.

Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser
I love Kiehl's. I used to exclusively use them for all of my facial needs, but as I've gotten older, I've switched to more anti-aging friendly lines, like Olay. This cleanser is a staple though. I've used it for at least 8 years now. I doubt I'll ever stop using it. I have dry, sensitive skin & this is perfect for me because it's non-scented & it's moisturizing. These bottles will last you a good 6 months, if not longer. It doesn't foam though, so if you're the kind of person who likes foam, this may not be for you.

Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Sometimes I buy scrubs from either Kiehl's or Mario Badescu, but I always end up going back to Aveeno. First of all, it's $6, opposed to the $15-$20 I'll spend at the other 2 places. And I like that it comes in a tube. I like to keep it in the shower & this product is more user-friendly than the more expensive ones that come in a tub/pot/jar. It looks small, but it lasts a long time. I think I only buy 2 a year. Also, if this matters, I'm pretty sure it wins the Allure magazine award every year for best daily facial scrub.

Mario Badescu Eye Cream
I've been using Mario Badescu eye cream for about 5 years now. I started getting lines around my eyes at 28, so I switched to this eye cream because most of their eye creams are targeted to woman trying to minimize fine lines & wrinkles. I think it's worked. I definitely don't feel like I have an issue with lines & wrinkles. Maybe it's the eye cream, maybe I'm not old enough yet. Regardless, I'm a huge fan of this product. I switch back & forth between the Ceramide Herbal & the Hyaluronic. Locally, Cosmetic Market carries it, but if they're out, I order it online. Fairly cheap for non-drug store eye cream, under $20 & lasts a good 6 months.

Olay Complete SPF 30 Defense Daily UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin
This is my summer moisturizer. At some point in the immediate future, I'll switch to something a little thicker. My skin is so dry, it actually peels in the winter. It's ridiculous. But for now, it's still doing the job, and again, it's fairly cheap. If you're really in a pinch, both Target & Wal-Mart make a generic version of this. I've used the Target one before & I can't tell a difference.

Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream
This is one of my favorite products. I've actually got friends who use it just because I wouldn't stop talking about it. At one of my yearly dermatologist appointments in my late 20s, I asked if I should start using a more "grownup" night cream. She said I should, but that I don't need to buy the $300/jar ones. She said she uses this & it's what she recommends to all her patients. Sold! I went out & bought it that day & have used it every night since. I love it. It has a light scent, which I usually can't do, but this doesn't irritate my skin at all. And it's cheap! It's $17/bottle. I dare you to find another anti-aging night cream for under $20. I think I go through 2-3 a year, but I also slather it on in the winter, so you may not need as much as I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...