October 20, 2009

Movie Review: Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day

I've spent the past 2 days at home, sick with either a cold or a mild version of H1N1. Regardless, I've logged a lot of couch time. I cleaned out my TiVo backlog yesterday, so today I decided to tackle my Netflix pile. Someone had a Facebook status recently about how much they loved the movie Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, so I put it in my queue & watched it today. I LOVED this movie. Loved! It came out in 2008, so some of you may have already seen it.

It's based on the 1938 book by Winifred Watson. It's set in London right before WWII. Miss Pettigrew is a governess who ends up working for Delysia Lafosse as her social secretary. Delysia has 3 boyfriends she's trying to keep from finding about about each other & Miss Pettigrew helps her sort it all out in a 24-hour period.

The movie stars Frances McDormand & Amy Adams. I don't know why, but I love Frances McDormand & will watch any movie that she's in, i.e. Raising Arizona, Mississippi Burning, Fargo, Almost Famous, Laurel Canyon, & Burn After Reading.

On a 5-star scale, I give this movie a 5. Definitely check it out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...