December 1, 2009

Book Review: Julie & Julia


John got me Julie & Julia for our 1-yr anniversary (paper gift). I loved the movie, so I knew I would like the book. But the book was pretty different than the movie. The book was darker, but in a good way. I identified with Julie a lot more in the book than I did in the movie. The Julie in the book is a lot more believable. There's a lot less of Julia in the book, but that didn't bother me, probably because I just read My Life in France. Also, the book does a better job of explaining the relationship between Julie & her husband. I liked Eric a lot more in the book than I did in the movie.

I loved this book! Highly recommend it, especially if you saw the movie.

Side note: Julie Powell has a new book out called Cleaving: A Story of Marriage, Meat, and Obsession. Can't wait to read that one, as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...