February 8, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday Night:
Stayed in & watched Miss Potter, the biopic about Beatrix Potter with Renee Zellweger & Ewan McGregor. I didn't love it, but I liked it. Carolyn, I think you would like it.

Saturday:
Got up in the 20 degree, snowy weather & ran the Predators Fangtastic 5K with MK & Melissa. Aside from the freezing weather, it was actually a lot of fun. The course was good & I was able to run the majority of it. And I wasn't sore afterwards, aside from a little bit in my calves. My throat & lungs hurt all day/night, but I was fine by Sunday. I'm definitely going to start running more 5Ks around town.

I also got my hair cut by Chrissi at Paul Mitchell. Our hair inspiration was Heidi Klum. I haven't been able to wash/style it yet (more on that later), but I have high hopes.

Saturday Night:
Went to dinner at Sir Pizza for David's birthday. I was pleasantly surprised at how non-creepy it was & at how good the pizza was. Also, $5 pitchers of PBR. What's not to love? The party continued on to Strike & Spare, but we came home. I was exhausted & my throat was hurting from talking so much.

Sunday:
I started taking antibiotics for an infection I didn't know I had & they wiped me out. I managed to do brunch with Ali & Jaime & run my usual Sunday errands, but then I came home & slept all day. I woke up & made chili. We kind of watched the Superbowl, but we're not really football people. I still wasn't feeling well, so I went on to bed.

Sunday Night/Monday Morning:
Sickness of ebola proportions. Seriously, I woke up around 3AM & thought I was dying. I cursed the chili & tried to go back to sleep. I got up for good around 5AM because I was certain an alien was trying to chew its way out of my stomach. It came in waves. I'd feel normal for a few minutes, then my stomach would spasm & clutch. I called my doctor & she said there's a "nasty" GI virus going around & unfortunately all you can do is let it run its course. She warned me it wouldn't be pretty & my God, it wasn't. Around this time John wakes up, also afflicted with the chewing alien condition. Thank God for 2 bathrooms. That's all I'll say. It was bad. I can't remember a time when I was this sick. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I lost enough weight to fit into my Se7en jeans. Maybe I'll go try them on now.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...