June 13, 2010

New Headboard





This is our new West Elm Window Headboard. Love! Our bedroom has been pretty neglected since we moved in because it's seemed like such a hurdle. We needed a bed & I felt like I couldn't do anything to the room until we got the bed.

Well, we got the bed, or at least the headboard. It never occurred to me that I could just buy a headboard. I had it in my head that I needed to save up $700-ish for a whole bed -frame & headboard. As I started talking to John about it, he pointed out that if I found a headboard I liked, he could attach it to the existing frame & then he could either make a new frame or we could buy one later.

Back in January, I bought a new Macbook & no longer needed my 100 year old Mac Mini, so I put it on Craigslist & shockingly got $300 for it. $300 that I quickly turned around & gave to West Elm for our new headboard. And! It was on sale from $299 to $254. Score!

I'm pretty happy with it. I don't think it looks bad without the matching frame. I may save up & buy it later, or I may not. We'll see. I would like to take the rest of my Craigslist money & buy some new bedding. I'm so over that brown. I also need to paint our dresser & hang some stuff on the walls. It's a work in progress, but the headboard is a HUGE start. I'll report back.

Master bedroom photostream here & here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...