August 21, 2010

Turn That Frown Upside Down

I've been neglecting my blog lately. I just don't have much going on. All I'm doing is reading & watching TV & there are only so many book/movie review posts a girl can write. I'm working on a big post about all the September issues, but I need to make myself sit down & actually do it. Plus, I'm envisioning takings pics of pages I like & I don't know how to do this in way that will look good, a la Bright Bizarre. I don't do Photoshop, so I know my layout will look amateur. Oh, the horror.

Also, very good friends of ours got some scary health-related news this week & although they don't get the lab results until early next week, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why bad things always happen to good people.

On a much less serious note, we unexpectedly had to spend around $500 on our house this week. Later, when it's funny, I'll refer to this as The Day The Plumbing Died. Post forthcoming, hopefully from Mister Mule, as he's the one who actually dealt with this all week while I was at work wishing we were rich & then getting mad at myself for wishing we were rich & wondering when the eff I'm going to find a job.

Like I said, it's been a weird week. But it's Saturday & I'm meeting my mom for shopping in a couple of hours. If anything can pull me out of this funk, it's retail therapy. So Operation Turn This Frown Upside Down starts now. I'll report back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...