January 12, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge


Speaking of books, I joined the Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge. I know, a reading challenge is so Second Grade, but I'm almost through FNL & I need another way to fill my time. According to Goodreads, I read 23 books in 2010, so I "challenged" myself to read 30 books in 2011. I think 30 books is doable, especially since I'm not in school or in session this year.

It's a little daunting to know that out of the hundreds of books that I want to read, I'm only going to tackle 20-30 this year. It really makes me evaluate how much time I spend watching tv. Not that I'm ever going to get rid of my tv, I mean, who am I kidding? But being more conscious about how I spend my time is certainly a laudable goal.

So I did a quick count of the books currently in my house that I'd like to read & it's only 15 books. That's good. I was afraid it was going to be a lot more. This means I can work in about 15 more books that I don't already own. Score!

6 comments:

Emily G said...

I like this challenge! I'm very much enjoying reading for pleasure these days without school to worry with..you can do it!

Eva said...

nice! i would love to do something like this. the only thing is, i'm in school, so whenever i'm reading i'm thinking "i should really be studying right now..."

we got rid of our cable. i don't miss it too much since i can find all my shows on the internet, but i do find i'm on the computer a LOT more than i used to be.

please share any books you love along the way!

Claudia Weaver said...

You should start your own book club! I just hope you will still take the two hours to watch the biggest loser :).

The Blonde Mule said...

Emily: Yes, exactly! Hopefully we'll be reading our diplomas soon, haha!

Eva: I hear you on school & cable. I'll definitely keep you posted on what I read/enjoy.

Claudia: Please, you know nothing can tear me away from The Biggest Loser. P.S. I'm so annoyed at the show this season & the "secret" trainers, etc. Ugh!

Tiffany said...

I signed up, too! Yay!

The Blonde Mule said...

Tiffany: yeah!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...