January 10, 2012

Reading! Books! Setting A 2012 Reading Goal


Last year was my first year in a long time not spent reading grad school text books, so I took on a hefty reading challenge.  Through Goodreads, I challenged myself to read 30 books last year, roughly 1.73 books a week, or 2.5 books a month.  I didn't read 30 books last year, I read 32.  32!  That's insane.

If you're curious as to what those 32 books are, or how I rated them, you can see them here (I think).

So now the Goodreads 2012 reading challenge is starting & I'm trying to decide what to set my goal at this year.  Last year I was either sitting at home doing nothing, or sitting in an empty office, doing nothing, so I had a lot of reading time on my hands.  That will not be the case this year.  At least, I hope not.

I think 2 books a month is an obtainable goal.  So... 24?  For my fellow readers out there, I'd love to know both how you did last year, as well as your reading goals for 2012.  Report back!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...