January 11, 2012

Vampires, Tigers, & Weres -- Oh, My!


Sookie Stackhouse 7-Copy Boxed Set by Charlaine Harris

Publisher:  Ace

Genre:  Urban Fantasy, Mystery & Suspense, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Romance

My Reading Format:  Mass Market Paperback

Available Formats:  Kindle, Paperback

My Review

When Season Four of True Blood ended last September, my friend Claudia brought me her Sookie Stackhouse box set, so I could finally join the rest of the world in reading the books that inspired the HBO series.  I started reading the first book on Halloween, appropriately, & just finished the 7th book, All Together Dead, yesterday.  A few thoughts:

  • Ya'll.  These books BLEW MY MIND.  I plowed through these 7 books in roughly 2 months.
  • Because these are the books True Blood is based on, it should go without saying that if you can't stomach True Blood, you probably can't stomach these books.
  • On that note, these books are different from the show.  There are characters that die in the books that don't die in the show, there are characters in the show that aren't in the books, & there are entire storylines in the show that aren't in the books.  That being said, the books are SO MUCH BETTER than the show.
  • These books are short.  Most are around 250 pages, divided into a lot of short chapters, which always helps me read faster.


My Final Thoughts

I loved these books & can't wait to continue reading the rest of the series.  I'm also excited for Season Five of True Blood.  Apparently Chris Meloni from Law & Order SVU has been cast & I'm dying to find out which character he is.  Quinn?  Andre?

If you haven't read these books yet, read them.  Four stars!


4 comments:

Delaney Mae said...

No way he's Quinn. I feel like he must be Lorena's maker, I can't remember his name. Is that Andre? I'll look tonight!

Renee said...

Curious as to what you're doing w the box set now you're done? Also please tell me you didn't get em' from McKays?!?!?!

The Blonde Mule said...

Delaney -- yeah, you're right. I've been doing my research & he's not Quinn. Man, I SO BADLY wanted him to be Quinn....

He's not Andre either. Andre was Queen Sofie Ann's child/boyfriend who died when the hotel in Rhodes exploded. And by 'died', I mean killed by Quinn. Because QUINN IS AWESOME.

The Blonde Mule said...

Renee -- sadly, the box set belongs to my friend Claudia, so I'm giving it back to her. I do need to procure books 8-11 though, but I may read them on my Kindle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...