May 14, 2012

Thank You!



You guys.  Seriously.  Thank you.  I didn't at all anticipate the amount of encouragement & support I'd get from publishing my "Things I'm Afraid To Tell You" post.  I've received so many blog comments, Facebook comments, emails, texts & voice mails.  Thank you so much!

That post was hard to write.  I've honestly felt self-conscious since writing it because I feel like people are looking at me now & thinking, 'So, that's what 180 lbs looks like'.  I don't how to explain it, I feel very on display & not in the cool RHONJ way.

I struggle with my weight & how I look almost every day & I kind of feel like I've opened Pandora's box: it's out there & I can't take it back.  But if anyone read it & identified with it, or got comfort from it, then it was worth it.  As women, we need to quit being so hard on ourselves & on each other.  We all have things about our bodies that we'd like to change, no matter if you're a size 2 or a size 12.  Accepting my body like it is now is a daily struggle, but I'm working on it.

Again, I'd like to thank Ez from Creature Comforts for inspiring me to take on the "Things I'm Afraid To Tell You" challenge.  If you haven't yet, please go over to her page & read her post, as well as all the other posts she links to.  I'd also like to thank everyone who responded to my original post.  I had no idea so many people would read it or that so many people would comment on it & as uncomfortable as that makes me feel, I am so, so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing friends.

Thank you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...