November 6, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Anthony Bourdain Edition


On Saturday morning, I met Jenn for yoga at Sanctuary in Green Hills, where, ahem, I did my first full backbend (yeah, I did!).  Thank you very much, Hell Class.  Afterwards, I went over to Hill Center for coffee & breakfast at Whole Foods, then shopped around a little.  I want everything in West Elm right now, including all this amazing fox stuff.


Still at Hill Center, I meandered down to Cosmetic Market & treated myself (treat yo self!) to some Oribe hair conditioner.  Hey, I did a backbend; I deserve this.



On Saturday night, John & I trekked downtown to see Anthony Bourdain at TPAC.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was fun.  Well, until the Q&A portion.  All night & continuing into the next day, John shouted out fake questions.  Here are my favorites (CAPS to denote the volume of John's voice):

"MISTER BOURDAIN, HAVE YOU EVER STARED INTO THE ABYSS AND FOUND THAT THE ABYSS IS STARING BACK AT YOU?!"

"HI, UM, MISTER BOURDAIN, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO MEN'S WAREHOUSE & DID YOU LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOKED?!"

"MISTER BOURDAIN, IS THAT YOUR FATHER'S OLDSMOBILE?!"


On Sunday, Jaime & I ran a very cold 3 miles through the Richland Creek Greenway.  Hello, running tights!


Fed up with the stream of meh books I've read this year, I spent all weekend reading The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein.  This book has been recommended to me over the years by 1 million people, so I finally read it.  It didn't change my life or anything, but I liked it.  And Linda got a lot of extra attention as a result.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...