January 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: 8 Miles Edition


I decided to wrap up my first week of work in 2013 sporting my leftover Halloween Tattly.  You know, like you do.


On Saturday, I de-Christmased our house.  It took 3 cups of coffee & a 2-hour movie.  But it's done.  P.S. The movie was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel & I recommend it.  It was really good!


After taking the tree down, I decided to spend the rest of the day lounging & reading Bossypants.  That lasted about 30 minutes until I got hungry.  I called my friend Jenn & we met for lunch.  And shoe shopping, obvi.


Jenn & I met at my new favorite restaurant:  Desano Pizza Bakery.  Alexis & Katie introduced me to it earlier in the week & a mere 4 days later, I needed another fix.  Pictured is their San Gennaro Pizza Specialita.  It's so good!  And they have this little olive oil topping bar, so you can make your own dipping sauce for your pizza &/or crust.  It will blow your pizza mind.  I task you all with eating here at least once this week.  It's on 16th Ave S, across the street from Off Broadway.


The NOLA half training continues.  Yesterday we ran 8 long, hilly miles.  We started at Fido, ran up 21st toward I-440, turned on Woodlawn.  Took Woodlawn to Natchez Trace, followed that to West End, then turned onto Church via Elliston Place.  We ran down Church all the way to 1st Ave, past every homeless person in Nashville, then ran up Demonbreun from 1st Ave back to Fido.  And then I ate a bagel sandwich the size of my face.

I tend to not do anything after my long runs, except lay on the couch & boss John around.  I downloaded Season 3 of Downton Abbey back in the fall when it aired on BBC, but never watched it. So I laid on the couch & watched the first 4 episodes yesterday.  Best show EVER!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...