October 25, 2013

Birchbox Review: September


I get excited when I open a new Birchbox filled with hair products & lip gloss, not to mention nail polish.  The September box was pretty good.  Here's what I got:

Grand Central Beauty
S.M.A.R.T. Skin-Perfecting Polisher | Full-size, $38
This multitasker made with natural botanicals exfoliates, tones, smooths, & moisturizes.

My Review:  I totally forgot I received this & haven't used it yet.  But I will!

Jouer
Moisturizing Lip Glass in Monaco | Full-size, $20
This sheer gloss from the Perfect Red Collection hydrates with shea butter & vitamin E.

My Review:  Jouer is a brand I was unfamiliar with prior to Birchbox, but I've been pretty pleased with all their products.  This lip gloss is great.  I love the Monaco color I received.  It's a sheer gloss with a pop of color.  It goes on smooth & not sticky.  It doesn't stay on long, but it's a sheer gloss.  None of them do.  My friend Melanie liked hers so much, she went online & bought two more colors.  She loves them.  I may buy one when my sample runs out, though I'm currently in the midst of a serious lipstick phase...

Ruffian
Nail Lacquer - Fox Hunt | Full-size, $10
Vibrant orange from the fashion label's first lacquer collection.

My Review:  I haven't used mine yet because I haven't been in the mood for orange nails, but all my friends used their sample & loved it.  Apparently it's really good polish.  The bottle is cute.  I'll eventually use it.

Serge Normant
Meta Luxe Hair Spray | Full-size, $25
Airy mist that keeps your 'do smooth & frizz-free, & also shields strands from UV rays.

My Review:  God, sorry y'all.  I haven't used this either.  I had just bought new hairspray, so I stuck this in my travel bag because I always need a mini size of hairspray when I travel.

BEAUTY EXTRA

Keratherapy
Daily Smoothing Cream | Full-size, $23
This heat-activated, keratin-infused styling aid fights frizz & dullness.

My Review:  I haven't used this either.  Sorry!  I'll do better next month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...