November 4, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: WeHo Edition


On Friday night, Alexis had Katie & me over for dinner.  Alexis made curried butternut squash, I made guacamole bruschetta & Katie made kale salad.  We also had this delicious pumpkin bread pudding from Trader Joe's for dessert.  We just sat around eating & talking, & making fun of Alexis' cat, but it was a really good time.


I felt like I over-did it on Friday night, so I spent Saturday morning at the gym.  I took Gina's Cycle/Core Fusion class.  It's 45 minutes of Spin, followed by 15 minutes of core work.  While I was there, I went ahead & did my 30 minute weight routine, too.  I mean, when in Rome...

P.S. If you're a lady looking to get into some lady weight action at the Downtown Y, Saturday at 10am is a great time.  I daresay, the entire time I was there, no one grunted or threw/dropped a million pound dumbbell.


On Saturday night, my friend Christine had some of her pictures at Cleft Studios, which is part of the Wedgewood-Houston Art Crawl.  I somehow convinced John to go, so we grabbed Thai food first with Dave & Alexis & then made our way to WeHo.


From Cleft Studios, we crawled down the street to Fort Houston.  Y'all, have you been to Fort Houston?  I hadn't & it kind of blew my mind.  It's a 10,000 square foot building/old factory with a wood shop, print shop, bike shop, photography studio & misc. work & desk space.  You can either pay a monthly membership fee & make things there, or you can just sign up to take classes.  I'm kind of obsessed with this place & can't wait to take a class there.

The next Wedgewood-Houston Art Crawl is on Saturday, December 7th.  I highly recommend you go.


It's half marathon training time & my Sunday running group is back together.  It looks like we're running the Frostbite Half in February & the Oak Barrel Half in April.  We're still shopping around for a destination race.

We ran 5 miles yesterday.  I haven't been running distance much, so I want to make sure I'm comfortable, or rather my knee is comfortable, at 5 before I starting adding mileage.  Yesterday felt great, so I'm probably fine, but better safe than sorry.  And, of course, afterwards we went to Dose for lattes & rosemary parmesan biscuits.  Because it's not a long run if you don't immediately consume double the amount of calories you just burned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...