August 19, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: The Chivito Edition


Early Saturday morning, I drove to Natchez Trace to meet my friend Karen. Her husband Paul is doing Ironman Chattanooga & he was there at a training camp, & my Team Taurus training partner Mary Katherine had to work. I had to ride for 3 hours & 15 minutes, then run 2-3 miles. Karen wasn't sure she wanted to do the whole ride with me, but she did & it was awesome! Thanks, Karen!


I spent Saturday afternoon watching Clueless & reading the September issue of Elle cover to cover. I also bought Marie Claire & Lucky. I haven't been able to find Vogue yet. This is my favorite fashion time of year. I like to go through all the September issues, make a Fall 2014 Pinterest board & then try to find everything I pinned as cheaply as possible.


Once upon a time, there was a restaurant called Nola's on West End, & it served the best sandwich in the world, the chivito. The chivito is a steak sandwich on French bread with sauteed onions, mushrooms, green peppers, roasted red peppers, mayo, bacon & AN EGG. I just learned it's the national dish of Uruguay. I don't know about Uruguay, but it's the national dish of my heart. When Nola's was open, John & I ate there a lot, so much so, that when we walked in to Tango Grill on Saturday night, they remembered us. Tango Grill is tucked into a strip mall behind the Hooter's off of I-24 E & Harding Place. They're open 7 days a week from 8am to 9pm (10pm on weekends). Go now.


I was meeting Melanie & Jessica on Sunday morning for a long run. Since they drive to me multiple times a week, I offered to drive to them for a change. And then Kristine decided to join us at the last minute. We all met at the Brentwood greenway off Concord Road. Y'all, that greenway is NICE, but, of course it is. It may be my new favorite running destination.


It stormed off & on all day Sunday, so while John did a bunch of stuff in the house, I laid on the couch & read this entire book. It's so good! It's more suspenseful than scary, but it is deliciously disturbing in only the way Stephen King can be. I loved it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...