February 28, 2015

A List


I present to you, a list.

Yes, keep doing it:

You don't quit things.
You paid for it.
If you quit, you'll regret it.
That one time you did it, you loved it.
Them legs though.

No, you don't have to do that thing anymore:

You don't want to.
Your heart's not in it.
You don't know why you're doing it.
This weather SUCKS.
You miss weekends.
You're realizing you have other goals that need time and attention, oh you know, like that business you started.

I am debating dropping out of Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga. Los Angeles did something to me. I can't quit thinking about how there are other ways to live a healthy lifestyle that don't involve 12 hours a week of training. I still want to exercise, and run half marathons, and hell, I still want to do triathlons. I just don't know if I want to do this 70.3 distance anymore. Maybe instead, I'm a power walker, or a yoga instructor, or just someone whose knees don't hurt all the time.

I've been talking about this to everyone everywhere every day, and a friend told me that A) I am one of three people he knows right now wanting to drop out of this race, and B) not to make a decision in this weather, that if on a sunny, 60-degree day, I hate riding my bike, then yes, quit.

I'm not making a decision yet. The 'wait until the weather is better' advice is legit, and three more weeks of indoor training won't kill me. But y'all, I am not feeling this race.

To be continued.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...