February 19, 2015

Birchbox Review: December


My December Birchbox had a lot of good stuff in it. Of particular interest is this $7 Rusk texture spray, which I'm pretty sure is going to replace the $40 Oribe I've been buying. Trust. Here's what was in my box.

Rusk Texture Spray, $7-$18

I was a little bit annoyed when I saw this because I'm pretty sure it's a brand you can only buy at Walgreens, but turns out, I really like it! I know! I am as surprised by this as you are. Have I been wasting my money on Oribe all these years when I could have been using Rusk? Maybe. It's the same product. It doesn't have that amazing Oribe scent, but it does smell really good. I'm pretty into this stuff. All you texture spray users should give this a try. If you hate it, which you won't, you'll only be out $7.

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask, $58

Okay, I really love this mask. It's purple, which is strange, but it's sooooo good. It smells delicious and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. No idea if it's firming anything, but I kind of don't believe in that anyway. It's just a nice, clay mask that feels too luxurious for something you can do at home. The price is a little steep for me, but I'd like to own this.

Number 4 Hydrating Shampoo, $34

I don't spend this much on shampoo anymore, but if you do, this is a solid option. It smells a tad medicinal for the Number 4 brand, but not too bad. Also of note, it's concentrated and doesn't lather, which makes for an odd shampoo experience. Every time I used it, I either used too much or too little.

Number 4 Hydrating Condition, $36

I'm a fan of the Number 4 brand and have bought their products before. I'm not in the market for a $36 conditioner, but if you are, this one is great. It's super thick and moisturizing.

W3LL People Bio Brightener Stick, $33

Ugh, this thing. First of all, the actual product is a stick, but the sample came in a pot. Very confusing for application purposes. It's apparently a highlighter stick, but I'm not into it. It has too much shimmer and it's too creamy - it doesn't stay on. It's impossible to spread, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to even get it on your cheekbones. I've tried dabbing it onto my brow bones, but, meh. In comparison to what I currently use, Benefit Watt's Up, I prefer Benefit.

Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24Hr Mascara, $29

Man, it's real hard to hate mascara, but I hate this mascara. The brush/wand is terrible. If you have long lashes and need volume, like me, this is not the mascara for you. Also, it's just black, not "jet-black Taylor Swift at the Grammys" black. And you do have to use makeup remover to get it off.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...