October 7, 2016

Friday Links


READING THIS WEEK…

Virgie Tovar on being addicted to dieting:
I thought I was addicted to food, but I was actually addicted to dieting and the drama it ensured. 
With dieting, each calorie had the power to make or break my day.  
With dieting, each bite I took or didn’t take felt like the difference between me being good or bad.  

Marley Dias, the 11 year old who started #1000BlackGirlBooks, interviewed Hillary Clinton.

Doreen St. Felix on the power of Solange and her new album, A Seat at the Table.


IF I COULD HAVE A PICNIC WITH ANY 3 PEOPLE…

Freddy Krueger
Jason Voorhees
Michael Myers

lulz…


My friend Sean shared this and I can't stop laughing.

EYES AND EARS…

A friend told me to listen to this back episode of Death, Sex & Money with Ellen Burstyn - omg, you guys, listen to this podcast. She talks about "should-less days" and then reads this poem on dying - !! It's so good. There's a new episode where Ellen Burstyn is interviewing Gloria Steinem and it's amazing, too! I didn't watch a lot of TV this week because I didn't want my eyes to forget the image of Beyonce, but I did start watching older seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race because in these troubling political times, I've found that RuPaul is a source of sheer, unadulterated joy.

THRIFTING…


Found this black, California sweatshirt at Goodwill last week. I didn't buy it because I knew I wouldn't wear it, but it's so great.

I ENDORSE…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...