August 28, 2017

An Interview with Fashion Blogger Porsche Pope


If you're anti nice people who take gorgeous photos, move along. Everyone else, meet your new best Instagram friend! You know I'm a champion of women who give up the 9-to-5 and strike out on their own, and today's bitch did just that. Oh, and did I mention she has a husband, two kids and two dogs? Yeah.

I've been following Porsche online for awhile, admiring her love of a bold print and a bold lip. A woman after my own heart. I finally had the opportunity to meet her when we hosted a shopping event for Goodwill. Easily, seventy percent of the people who showed up were for Porsche. Her following is legit. All the friends I made that night were friends of Porsche's. If you're a working woman getting back into the professional field on a budget, Porsche is who you want to follow. Meet today's bitch, Porsche Pope!


What do you do and what is the name of your business?

I am a fashion blogger, personal shopper, and designer. The name of my business / brand is Polished Pope, Inc.

When did you first learn about this field of work? How did you know it was what you wanted to do?

I have been fascinated with design and fashion since I was a little girl. I went to college and studied Interior Design. I have always known that I wanted to become a well known designer, but just recently within the last few years I tapped into fashion. I introduced my blog to the world this past December and it has been so great developing this entity of my brand.

What is the best piece of business advice you’ve been given?

Stay in your lane, try not to compare yourself or your business to anyone else, and be patient with yourself.


Can you name the biggest lesson you’ve learned or that helped improve the way you work?

Persistence is key, work off of momentum. Just having a meaningful goal is not enough. To make a difference, you must continuously take action. Work daily towards achieving your goals. Persistence is necessary, as meaningful goals don’t come easy.

What would you do with 2 more hours a day?

This may sound cheesy, but I would dive into a book. I have so many books that I haven’t read and more books that I want to read. I do not care for the idea of audiobooks because I'm stubborn. I want to flip through the pages and highlight key sentences. Journal about my thoughts, etc... Cheesy, I know.

What has been the biggest sacrifice you’ve made?

The biggest sacrifice that my family and I have made, which has been a huge blessing, is losing the extra income from my full-time job. I no longer have that “extra" or "secure" income. We have to manage our budgets monthly, sometimes daily, because as an entrepreneur, in the beginning stages, it takes time to build. That also applies to the financial aspect of business.


What is your greatest success, or something you’re most proud of related to what you do?

I am sure that this is coming with age, but I am so much more confident about most decisions that I make as it relates to who I am, what I believe in, my personal needs, my family's needs, and business decisions. I no longer have to ask for anyone's opinion.

Do you have a morning ritual that helps you set the tone for the day?

I wish I was more consistent about this, but with every season, our morning rituals and routines change a little, especially when the children are home from school in the summer. We get so lax about things. Every evening before bed I look over and check off things that I have completed, and those things that I have not, I schedule into other days. Most mornings, I look over my schedule and I try to keep my planner with me at all times to stay on task and to hold myself accountable. I do not have a realistic “routine” to be honest.

How do you decompress at night?

I usually try to do something for myself and that usually ends up being watching a tv show, catching up on social media... Nothing super productive, right?


What helps when you’re stuck? Do you have a motto or quote that inspires/motivates you?

When I am stuck I turn to my business coach, aka my sister. I have a few inspirational quotes hanging in several places around the house, but this one is my most favorite.

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

What does self care look like in your life?

Meditation, bible verse writing, and really sitting still to listen to myself and my higher power to help make sound decisions. Otherwise I am afraid that I may turn into a crazy person juggling all the things. I can feel myself getting to a crazy point before I get there. I am really great at stopping that. I wish that I could say my self care is going for a mani / pedi, a massage, etc. But I haven’t gotten there yet!

Are there any women who helped pave the way for your success?

To name a few, my business coach, aka sister Arletta Moore, who for most of her life was a successful mechanical engineer turned empowerment engineer. Oprah, of course, for obvious reasons, and Martha Stewart.


Lastly, and most important, what is your favorite TV show and what is your favorite snack?

My favorite tv show at the moment is Fixer Upper, and my favorite snack is Lacey Cookies.

All photos courtesy of Porsche Pope

P.S. Meet last week's bitch:  Actor and Model, Elisabeth Donaldson!

P.P.S. Full list of My Bitches here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...