June 2, 2009

Quick Update


I've been too busy to blog lately. We're typically out of Session by now, but we're still going strong this year. I've heard we'll adjourn next week, but I'm starting to doubt that... I start summer school tonight. As I've mentioned before, due to budget cuts, there are no classes being offered that apply to me, so I'm taking Financial Management for Healthcare & Non-Profit. It'll count as an elective. Can you feel my excitement? The class starts tonight & meets every Tues & Thurs until July 2nd.

On Sat, I drove to Chattanooga for my friend Rebecca's baby shower. Rebecca was my Chi O big sister & we've remained close friends. It was really good to see her, especially 8 months pregnant. Full photostream here.

In other news..... I'm obese, or so says my new Wii Fit. I've been putting off using it because I knew the first thing you had to do was weigh yourself & let it calculate your BMI. Well, ladies & gentleman, I'm obese & I'm 42. Happy friggin birthday to me.

May was a bad month. I knew I had packed on a few lbs, but I certainly didn't feel I'd become obese. I've been too busy at work to eat like a normal person, so I'm either stress eating at lunch or not eating at all, then eating like a bear when I get home. Plus, birthday depression. Plus, memorial day grill fest. Also worth noting, I made a pan of lemon bars last week & ate the whole pan. I assume this contributed greatly to my rating on the Wii Fit.

Since weighing myself last week, I've been logging what I eat on TheDailyPlate & working out. I've already lost 6 lbs, presumably from not eating anymore lemon bars. God, why is this such a struggle? Why can't I eat lemon bars at every meal & look like an Olsen twin? It's so unfair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm positive you're not obese. Just look at you in that photo! My Fit insults me the same way. Yet I still continue to shove Hershey's Kisses into my mouth every chance I get.

BabySquids said...

Don't worry lady. It told me I was obese too and 42!

April said...

for what it's worth, i've really appreciated the posts you've made regarding the enemy: lbs.

i've been struggling with the fact i'm not happy with my weight for about three years and making the appropriate excuses for the weight/unhappiness due to weight for just as long. when i went to the doctor for my annual check up last month i was appauled that I had gained 12 pounds in one year. that may not sound like tons, but for my frame, age and height- i'm now officially 20 pounds overweight. My doctor said it to my face: "You need to take those 12 pounds off plus about 5." Seems like that's what I needed to hear. No "Oh, honey, it's ok. You're just fine." So- long story short, my doctor being mean was what i needed to join a gym. and what do you know, i'm feeling better about myself, even if the weight isn't flying off yet.

anyhow- i just wanted to tell you i enjoy reading along and it's made me feel not so alone. weight is the enemy for my family, and i'm on the way there if i don't stop with the mascarpone cheese. i enjoy your honesty about the struggle, and i'm right there with you.

here's to a non-thigh-rubbing-together-fitter-feeling good-2009 and beyond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...