November 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Thanksgiving Prep Edition


Because we went to Korea House on Friday night, we stayed in & made John's favorite, grilled pork chops, on Saturday night.  What can I say?  The man makes a mean pork chop.


The majority of Sunday was dedicated to Thanksgiving:  magazine reading; menu planning; phone consultation with Mom; John tactfully pointing out that some of my recipes (ahem, bon appetit) are maybe, possibly too ambitious; list making & grocery shopping.  Oh, & writing a pie-themed blog post.  You're welcome.


Brown-sugar buttermilk pie in Everyday Food.  Picture needed for aforementioned pie-themed blog post.

This weekend was low key, as evidenced by my clear lack of pictures.  Movies:  I watched The Adjustment Bureau, which I really liked.  I wish I could quit you, Matt Damon.  Books:  I'm already more than halfway through the third Sookie Stackhouse book, Club Dead.  God, these books are so good!

I learned a couple important lessons this weekend in regards to exercise.  First, maybe don't eat crazy spicy Korean food the night before hot yoga (I know, you'd think I'd have already learned this lesson).  Mass apology to the entire class who kept trying to figure out what that smell was.  It was me & I apology.  Secondly, if you're going to go straight from a 75 minute hot yoga class to a 5-mile run, don't be a hero: eat something.  In my defense, you're supposed to have an empty stomach for yoga & I simply didn't have time to digest anything in between yoga & meeting Claudia for a run.  I was fine for the first 3 miles, but around mile 3.5 - 4, I got lightheaded & nauseous & had to walk the rest of the way.  DUMB.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...