February 20, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Baby Shower Edition


Amish horse & buggy in Lawrenceburg.


You'll note the lack of electrical poles & wires...  #amish


New arrow earrings from Old Made Good.


Brian & Jessica, parents-to-be.


The spread.


The cake!


Me, Deepa, Jessica, Brandi, & Shannon.


Sunday = catch up on magazines day.


Bra top?  Really, Lucky?  Really?

More pics & info available on Flickr! & Instagram.

FRIDAY

I had to go to Lawrenceburg on Friday.  This just in:  Amish people still exist!  These pics are actually my mom's.  I tried to take pics, but couldn't pull if off while driving.

SATURDAY

I hosted a baby shower for our friends Brian & Jessica.  A BIG thanks to my mom & my friend Alexis who spent Saturday morning helping me clean, cook, & set up for the shower.  Thank you!!  This was the first baby shower I've ever hosted & I kind of had no idea what I was doing.  Luckily, Jessica didn't want a traditional shower, so I basically just threw a party, which I do know how to do.

SUNDAY

My long run yesterday got rained/snowed out, so OF COURSE I spent the whole day doing nothing but making poor food choices.  I also spent a good amount of time reading magazines.  Are we all in agreement that Lucky sucks without Kim France?  I've subscribed to that magazine since it was born, but I think I'm done with it.  What fashion magazines do you still read?

2 comments:

SarahShearer said...

I was so happy/ relieved when I got to the shower and realized it was not the "traditional" style baby shower! The spread was delicious, your house is lovely, and it seemed a great time was had by all. Way to go, hostess:)

The Blonde Mule said...

Ha! You should have known it wouldn't be traditional. Jessica told me, co-ed, alcohol & NO GAMES.

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...