October 15, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Oktoberfest Edition


Saturday was Oktoberfest in Nashville.  The day starts with the Germantown 5K Bier Run, which I've run for the past three years.  I love this run.  You run 3 miles, then drink beer, and you guys know I basically exclusively run races with free beer afterwards.  This is me & Lana enjoying our post-run beer.


This is a doberman named Elvis.  Elvis was really feeling the Oktoberfest spirit.  Who knew they made lederhosen for dogs?


This food truck is where I finally stopped for food.  It was really good!  Spicy Pork Shop, you win!


I put another Tattly on for Oktoberfest, but shockingly forgot to work it into any pictures, so when I got home & changed into my [Halloween] pajamas (at 4:30pm), I took this self portrait.  You're welcome.


Having slept from basically 6:00pm to 6:00am, I got up on Sunday & drove east to meet Heidi & Allison for a long run.  We had planned on running 6 miles, but none of us were feeling it & the weather was super ominous, so we cut it short & just ran a little over 4 miles.  ENFL!


A new restaurant opened on our side of town & yesterday we tried it out for brunch.  It was delicious!  John got the steak & biscuits & I got the apple cider mimosa & corned beef & sweet potato hash.  So good!  If you haven't already, get yourself to The Stone Fox.


After brunch, we hit the Goodwill on Charlotte to shop for Halloween costumes.  I was excited when I found so many options, but alas, none of them fit.  I'm not sure what's going on with my body, but all the dresses fit over my hips, but wouldn't zip over my rib cage.  Is my rib cage getting bigger?  Ugh!  Anyway, I bought none of these dresses.  The search continues....

P.S. If you happen to know a trick to get a dress that won't zip to magically become wearable, please let me know.  Or, if you own a dress in this color scheme that I can borrow for a night, I would be much obliged.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...