June 5, 2014

Birchbox Review: April


I realized when I received my April Birchbox that I missed March. Turns out, I never received the March box, but I paid for it, so they gave me a $10 credit & 100 Birchbox points. Works for me! Thanks, Birchbox! Smell you later, March. Here's what I got in my April box.

derma Hydrating Night Creme with Hyaluronic Acid | Full-size, $29.50

I'm not wowed by this night cream, but I'm using it & I like it. It has a slight medicinal smell, which I don't love. But it's moisturizing & calming on my sensitive skin. I'm enjoying using the sample, but I don't expect to switch from my Olay Regenerist.

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo | Full-size, $32

The first time I used this, I didn't understand it & had a hard time working it into my hair, but then I went & read the description online & found out it's concentrated & you only use a small amount. Who knew shampoo needed instructions? Now that I've figured out how to use it, I really like it. I've been using it once a week before I deep-condition my hair. I doubt I'll buy a $30 shampoo, but I really like it.

BONUS

Number 4 Reconstructing Masque | Full-size, $58

Like all things Number 4, I like this. It's a tiny sample, so hard to get a great feel for it, but I like it. All the Number 4 products smell great & really condition my hair. It's too pricey for me to buy, but I like using the sample.

Cynthia Rowley Black Eyeliner | Full-size, $16

I'm not a black eyeliner pencil gal. I kind of wish I was. It seems so rock & roll. Alas, I am old & buy my Bobbi Brown gel liner at Nordstrom, with the other blue hairs. I did try this Cynthia Rowley pencil though & it's good. It goes on smoothly & has a creamy, non-stabby feel. I like it & I'll keep it. I'll just have to find occasions to wear it.

Color Club Gala's Gems Collection - Gold Struck | Set of 4, $13

I haven't used this nail polish yet because I don't typically like polishes that are the same color/tone as my skin, but I've seen it on other people & like it. I might try it. I have to come to like these little Color Club bottles of nail polish. The brush is the right size & the color stays on just as long as Essie & OPI.

LIFESTYLE EXTRA

KIND Healthy Grains Bar | 15-count, $11.88

I know people get annoyed that Birchbox puts snack bars in their boxes, but I like KIND bars & I really liked this one. I got Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt flavor. I'm not going to buy this from Birchbox, but I may buy this the next time I'm at the grocery store. It was kind of delicious.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...