June 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Mach Tenn Edition


My first triathlon of the season was this weekend & I spent Friday night remembering how to prep & pack for the race. Thankfully, I had the foresight at the end of the season last year to make a triathlon packing list. Once I had all of this packed & loaded into the car, I tried to make myself go to bed because I had to wake up at 4am to be in Tullahoma by 7am. It's real hard to go to bed when it's still light outside.


This is the first race I've driven to & competed in alone & I was a little weirded out by it. East Nasty, enter Stage Left. Turns out, between between my friends in East Nasty, TriSuccess & FTP, I knew a ton of people there. I felt more secure in the fact that if I disappeared on the course, someone would notice.


I ate at the race, see above, but that was like at 10am, so by the time I got back home, I was STARVING. John took me to Secret Bellevue Cheesesteak, where I was so hungry, that in my first bite, I broke my two front teeth. I'm not even kidding. I bit down so hard that my front top & bottom teeth collided & broke. It made this terrifying sound, which John heard from across the table. He was convinced there was something in the sandwich that I bit into, but nope, just my teeth. It was hard to keep eating, so I said I was full, to which John responded, "You're full from eating your bones".


Sunday was a rest day, so I did what I always do when I have the day off - bake. I bought a bag of cherries last week to snack on, but never ate them & they were starting to go bad, so I made one of my favorite desserts - cherry brown butter bars from Smitten Kitchen. This recipe is so easy & it's one of the best desserts I know how to make.


While I was in the kitchen making dessert for breakfast, I looked outside & saw this guy rooting around in the back yard. Is he a gopher? A groundhog? Is there a difference? I don't know & I'm too lazy to look it up.


It's been a minute since John & I spent a Sunday driving around going to thrift stores, but that is exactly what we did yesterday. I mean, what else can you do when your two front teeth are broken & your lady bits are too sore for real pants?

John bought a bunch of shirts & a book on home wiring (?) & I bought the stuff above. I had seen this pic on Door Sixteen's Instagram a few days ago & thought this planter was the same thing. It's not, but just go with it. I've never met an owl I didn't like & this one was just 99 cents, so... done. I have no idea why I bought this book. I've always wanted to read it & I like the cover. My Goodwill criteria isn't very high.

Mach Tenn Triathlon race recap coming later this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...