August 24, 2016

Summer Thrifting


I've been thrift, thrift, thrifting the summer away! I find all kinds of amazing and hilarious stuff. Some of it I buy, most of it I don't. Here are the highlights!


At the beginning of summer, I realllllly wanted a pair of overalls. I couldn't find them anywhere. Alas, I found a pair. For a fireman. I'm not even kidding when I tell you I stood in the dressing room and deliberated over whether or not to buy these. Cooler heads prevailed and I bought a non-reflective pair on eBay. Ask me how many times I've worn them. (Once.) (Maybe twice.)


I wanted all of this. None of it fit. Twas a sad day at the Rivergate Goodwill...


I wanted a pair of Adidas Stan Smith's, but back in the beginning of summer, the only place you could buy them was Urban Outfitters and they were sold out, and I don't buy things from Urban Outfitters. So I was thrilled when I found this pair of Liz Claiborne nursing shoes! I've worn them all summer!

I wear these silver boots more than I probably should, but they crack me up so much. I keep finding ways to wear them. I'm making that shit work! I bought this shirt to wear under the overalls I never wear. The shoulders are a little too puffy.


This summer is the first time that I've ventured into thrifted shoe territory, and I've gone kind of hog wild. I found these Bass Oxfords at Southern Thrift in my size. I bought the pink ones! I haven't worn them as much as I thought I would. Maybe they're more for fall.


This tablecloth! Man, I was so excited when I found this. I found it at the Bellevue Goodwill buried amongst the curtains. I love it so much!! It was two or three dollars and came with matching napkins!


Okay, so a couple of things. When I found this I had never seen anything like it and now I see different colored versions of it almost every time I go thrifting. It's the velour gremlin of Goodwill - now that I've shone light on it, it's multiplied. Two, yes, this is a robe. Am I going to wear it as a dress? You bet your ass I am.


Now we're entering the gold phase of my thrifting. I don't seek out gold, but it finds me. I tried on those gold ankle cuff things - they were heinous. You don't want to know how long I wondered if I could pull off gold Easy Spirits. I bought neither.


This is my great thrifting regret of the summer. This is a gold lame, one-piece jumpsuit with a WWE-style elastic belt. It was a size 10. It was 99 cents. I did not buy it and I will never get over it.


Every time I look at this picture I regret not buying these. But they weren't my size! Like, not even close. But man, I would have worn the shit out of these. Also, yes, they were legit nursing clogs.


I bought this. I have no idea why. I will never wear it. But I own it! Yay? Will someone invite me to a quinceanera?


I bought these. They're American Eagle from around 1996, which I know because I worked at American Eagle in 1996. I plan on wearing these a lot with the frayed hem jeans I'm still trying to figure out.


Last but not least, this ridiculous thing. I guess Nashville George Washington died recently? This was in the women's department, but it was men's size 42. I am not a men's size 42, but I needed to know what this looked like on a human body. Turns out, hilarious.

Follow me on Instagram for thrifting updates and pictures! Halloween is coming up, so shit is going to get real weird real fast.

P.S. I went out of town over Christmas and thrifted my little heart out in rural Tennessee.

P.P.S. Follow me on Instagram for real-time thrifting pics and finds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...