September 23, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up: Taper Edition


This weekend was my last training weekend before Ironman Augusta 70.3. I drove back to my friend Kristie's house in Leiper's Fork & we did a 2-hour taper ride on the Trace. By the time we got to the Trace, we only had to ride for 45 minutes before we turned around & headed back. It felt so good!


I was home for the day by 10:00am & had no idea what to do with myself, so I went to Lana's. When I got there, Lana presented me with this big white box covered in gold string. I've had an emotional couple of weeks, last week in particular & Lana gave me this "box of sunshine" to cheer me up & help me re-focus on my race. It's pretty hard not to get cheered up by this box. You're probably feeling cheery just looking at the picture. Lana, thank you!!


More presents! My lady gang ran my 6 mile taper run with me on Sunday morning. Melanie made a batch of browned butter snickerdoodles & a batch of lemon sugar cookies & gave them to me in this cute cookie jar. Melanie, I'll have you know that by 5pm yesterday, those cookies were gone. It's a cookie PR for me. Thank you so much!!


After my run (& a latte from Dose), I drove to Percy Priest for one last open water swim. It's getting weird this time of year because no one is at the Anderson Road Rec Area & it's kind of spooky. And cold. That water was so cold on Sunday. We put on our wetsuits & did an easy 30-45 minute swim. I spent the rest of the day in my Halloween pajamas, laying on the coach, eating cookies & watching the first season of Beverly Hills 90210.

The next time you see these three faces, we'll be in Augusta!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...